Here's what you need for 4 adult servings (serving size for your little one is between 1/2 and 3/4 cup)
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups HINODE black rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 bag frozen organic peas
- 1 to 2 handfuls diced pancetta (for adult portion only)
Bring the broth to a simmer in a pot over medium-high heat. Cover and keep warm.
Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the rice and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium low. Stir in the wine until the liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes.
Ladle in 3/4 cup hot broth and cook, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed, 6 to 7 minutes. Repeat with the remaining broth, adding 3/4 cup at a time, until the rice is tender but somewhat chewy, about 50 minutes. Add frozen peas before you add the last ladle of broth and stir until liquid is absorbed.
Stir in 3/4 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste and 1/2 cup parmesan. Remove your little one's portion and set aside. Add diced pancetta to the main risotto and stir for 2-3 more minutes. Divide among bowls. Top with the remaining 1/4 cup parmesan and the basil. Serve and enjoy! If you are pureeing your little one's portion, add a little water and then put in food processor.